Buy Rachael Ray 6-Piece Cutlery Japanese Stainless Steel Knife Block Set with Orange Handles


Buy Rachael Ray 6-Piece Cutlery Japanese Stainless Steel Knife Block Set with Orange Handles








button



CUSTOMER REVIEW

Review

Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?) I will start by saying that I own a number of knives, some forged from local department stores, some messermeister knives that are stamped. I am not going to compare these to forged knives, so this is completely based on comparing to other stamped knives.



Let's start about weight. These are very light, as in feels a lot lighter than similarly made knives. I am not sure if this is because of the no slip kind of handles, but the lack of weight makes it feel a little strange when i am cutting. Now a sharp knife doesn't require a lot of pressure, and these were fairly sharp although I would recommend sharpening them a little more.



Staining. Now some of my knives I have had for years, and they show some scratching but very little if any staining. In fact, the only other knife I have that developed any kind of stain is one I picked up at JCPenney, and that was after a year or two of use. I don't wash my knives in the dishwasher, and i try not to keep them in water too long. Some times "helpful" family members try to do both these things; I usually catch them. Not this time. The paring knife sat in a sink of water one night and developed a rust stain almost immediately. Again, i try to be very careful with my knifes, but I've never had one stain that quickly. Absolutely don't leave them in water or use a machine, but when that happens, none of my other knives stained that quickly.



The block is just okay. I mean this would be be an okay set for say a young person in their first apartment, or someone who doesn't do a lot of cooking and wants to color coordinate their kitchen perfectly. I think there are better knife sets out there for just a little more, and they would be worth the upgrade.

Post a Comment