Buy Chicago Cutlery Kinzie Colors 3-Piece Chef/Utility/Parer Knife Set, Red/Yellow/Green


Buy Chicago Cutlery Kinzie Colors 3-Piece Chef/Utility/Parer Knife Set, Red/Yellow/Green








button



CUSTOMER REVIEW

Review

When browsing in the kitchen section of a department store, I was drawn to the colorful handles of some knives made by Chicago Cutlery. My first CC knife was the small yellow handled Utility Couteau Universel knife. I really like the look and feel of the synthetic material used for the handle, as it provides a great grip, even if your hands are wet. The stainless steel blade was also well suited to the task, and the knife seemed to be a very solid, and well made. No special techniques are required to sharpen the blade.



When I needed a new Santoku knife, I had no reservations about Chicago Cutlery, and I got this knife at a very good price. The 6.8" blade does a nice job of slicing meat, fish, and vegetables. And as expected, the handle provides a terrific grip, even when my hands were covered with oil and fat, when I was carving a roast. The workmanship is excellent, and I really don't have anything bad to say about this knife.



The only thing that might become an issue is the synthetic handle. Sometimes these kinds of materials get sticky or soft, as they age or are exposed to different chemicals. I don't know if that may happen, but I am hopeful that the handle will last for many, many, years. If you're like me, and like the grip you get with this knife, you will probably love its performance. Unfortunately, Chicago Cutlery has not provided a nice descriptive write-up to promote this excellent product, which is backed by a "lifetime guarantee".

Post a Comment