Buy Victorinox 8-Piece Knife Block Set


Buy Victorinox 8-Piece Knife Block Set








button



CUSTOMER REVIEW

Review

To a professional chef, no kitchen tool rivals a great set of knives. When learning my trade in Paris, France, I used only the finest Sabatier knives. Later in life, I was fortunate to make a Swiss Miss a Mrs. Typically frugal and practical... and from a family that has had the same Restaurant Bauernhof for centuries... so, when my prized Sabatiers were lost in transit, she replaced them with a more economical (stamped not forged) Swiss brand, R. H. Forschner by Victorinox.

Suddenly, this 70 year old retired chef cut through decades of knife prejudice... the sharpness, balance, thin blade and heft brought joy to my kitchen again... and for a fraction of what I would usually pay! It has been several years since my first Forschner and it is just as good as the one I just purchased.

Last fall we visited Oberlunkhofen, Switzerland, where my mother-in-law continues as chef of the family restaurant at 82 years of age and her 86 year old sister-in-law is the waitress. Her wooden handled knives were of excellent quality but could no longer pass the NSF rules. I purchased a set of H. R. Forschners for her at a Swiss wholesale restaurant supply house... at a price higher than we could have gotten them on Amazon.com! Not only is she a cutlery pro, but she values price and practicality even in gifts. Now she thinks kindly of me as she cheerfully slices through each day.

Post a Comment