Buy Global GS-5 - 5 1/2 inch, 14cm Vegetable Knife


Buy Global GS-5 - 5 1/2 inch, 14cm Vegetable Knife








button



CUSTOMER REVIEW

Review

I have 10 Global knives covering a wide range. I bought each individually over the course of several years and put quite a bit of thought into each purchase to ensure that it met a need and that the Global knife was the best designed knife of its kind (usually the case which is why I own more Global knives than other kinds). Despite my broad range of choice I find myself pulling the 5.5" vegetable knife off the wall more than all others. I'm a sharpening fanatic and this knife is unbelievable - I can effortlessly dry shave hair off my arm (it will grow back). I believe it's my most frequent choice because the size is just right for almost any chopping job - vegtables, fruit, meats, breads (you don't need a bread knife if your regular knife is insanely sharp), sandwiches and even some cheeses. The fact that the knife is blunt nosed initially did not attract me to it but the broad side of the knife is usefull for picking up food or spreading and makes the knive a bit less intimidating. The knife is ultra light in weight and the triangular handle, a unique design to Global knives, fits so well in your hand that I wonder why Global is the only company to make such a handle. I personally have not experienced the slipping problem that another reviewer has. The handle has a notch just before the blade so you finger is not even close to the cutting edge - it is a very safe design. I have other knives that are "nicer" in some respects but I don't use them as much and if I had to give away all my knives but one this would be the one I would keep.

Post a Comment