Buy Victorinox Cutlery 6-Inch Straight Boning Knife, Black Fibrox Handle


Buy Victorinox Cutlery 6-Inch Straight Boning Knife, Black Fibrox Handle








button



CUSTOMER REVIEW

Review

I grind my own burgers from roasts so I can have one rare or medium-rare without worrying about that nasty e coli, and I also like to butterfly chicken before grilling it because it makes it much easier to cook it evenly. Both of these tasks are made so much easier with a proper boning knife.



I have a full set of Henkel 4-stars and also some of their very fine Twin-star knives, but this is an exceptional knife for a price of less than $20.00. It was delivered extremely sharp, and the integrated semisoft plastic grip is non-slip, which is very important from the standpoint of safety. In fact, I actually think it is a safer grip than the much more expensive Henkels if you are cutting something wet and messy, as raw meat always is. I would never put a sharp knife in my dishwasher, but this knife is very easy to clean in warm soapy water after using it to cut meat or poultry. I bought this knife because it was the top-rated boning knife in Cooks Illustrated, and as usual, their recommendations are very much on the money. This is my second Victorinox -- the other being a 12" slicer, and both are made from excellent steel with good grips, and are highly stain resistant and easy to clean and sharpen.



I suggest if you are working with something (like poultry) that is very slick, you consider using a washeable kevlar or steel knit glove to grip the surface. This knife came as sharp as any I've ever purchased, and just touching the blade to your skin can cut your skin so finely you can't feel it, and who wants to get even organic poultry or meat drippings on an open wound?



If you are considering a wedding present for someone just starting out who doesn't have a lot of money but wants to work with quality tools, a Victorinox set is a great starter set of knives.

Post a Comment