Buy Mercer Cutlery Renaissance 10" Chef's Knife


Buy Mercer Cutlery Renaissance 10" Chef's Knife








button



CUSTOMER REVIEW

Review

Like many kitchen workers in the industry, I've kicked around my fair share of knives. For the longest time, I had been a fan of more expensive knives, paying for what I perceived as quality, durability, and usability. This knife, however, outshines all others in my knife roll. I had this knife, along with three other french knives, professionally sharpened over two years ago--and despite the fact that this blade has taken the most (daily) abuse in the kitchen over all other knives I own, it has held it's edge to what has been described as "nearly dangerously sharp" with only regular honing on a standard steel. I even regularly use this knife to disarticulate chicken carcasses, cutting through bone without so much as the smallest nick to the edge. What's more, the half-bolster design allows you to use, hone and sharpen the ENTIRE blade--full bolsters, in my opinion, are a major design flaw that is standard on many of the more expensive (*achem* German) knives. If you're looking for a truly great workhorse of a knife, whether for professional use or for your home kitchen, take it from a long-time pro and look no further--this is the knife for you!

Post a Comment